Monday, December 05, 2005

Vagina

Hi everyone.

Last Friday I tried out for the PTS production of the Vagina Monologues. Last year was the first time for the Vagina Monologues to be performed at PTS, and I wasn't able to be a part of it, or even go see it, so this year I was determined to get involved somehow. Then, I forgot all about it and just happened to be walking past the Women's Center and saw that I had almost missed my chance...and part of me said, oh well, it's for the best, I'm a busy woman. But another part of me, maybe it was my vagina, decided to kick my butt and make me ashamed of my apathy and whaddaya know, I scrawled down my name for a time slot and so that was that.

I didn't get a real part (waaah) but I am part of the Vulva Choir. That's good enough. I have to say, it was liberating just to try out, really.

7 comments:

priscilla said...

Is it being pregnant that allows your vagina to kick you in the butt? I know that your body changes, but that's quite a change. Then again, maybe it's all that yoga.
Welcome back, rude girl!

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that people would pay good money to see it as well.

Anonymous said...

Priscilla and anonymous wrote what I wanted to say but didn't feel appropriate--must be my conservative upbringing. Anyway, I just thought you might be interested to know that a friend of mine here is working on producing the second installment of vagina monologues in Arabic from the perspectives and experiences of Arab women in Cairo. The last time it happened (and it could only happen on the American University campus) it caused an uproar from men who didn't understand or had very "confused" ideas of what might be happening onstage. So this year they're calling it "Bussy." This is a nifty little double entendre that works because there is no "p" sound in Arabic and the Arabic word "bussy" literally means "look at me!" Airfare would be a bitch, but I can get you tickets for the show.

TKP said...

I would totally come to see you in the Vulva Choir. Way to go!

JTB said...

Wow, my first anonymous comment...I suppose that personal anatomy was bound to bring that out. Hate to disappoint but I doubt that the production will be the occasion for sight of that part of my anatomy--that will have to wait until the whole giving birth thing, which I've been avoiding contemplating, and somehow I think charging admission would be inappropriate there...

TKP said...

My blog is feelin a bit neglected by you lately. I keep on trying to tell it that you're busy being pregnant and all, but it won't listen.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

In my books, you�re the best!! Hope you have more details
soon!!

Thanks,
make money fast and easy