We have noticed over the past couple of years, Brent and I, that an incredible number of discontented CofCers have landed in the Episcopal Church. We're discovering new refugees all the time--mostly through the blogosphere but Brent also met two people while visiting VTS a few weeks ago, someone in the PTS bookstore, and there's a priest here in the Diocese of New Jersey who went to Lipscomb... It's enough to make us wonder, anyhow; and so here are the questions I have, for anyone who happens to be a former CofCer turned Episcopalian (not Episcopal, which is an adjective).
- Why the Episcopal Church? Why not something closer to home--like Disciples of Christ, for instance?
- How many other churches did you check out before choosing the Episcopal Church as home?
- What continuities do you see between the Episcopal Church and Churches of Christ?
- What was the last theological/doctrinal "hurdle" to overcome in joining the Episcopal Church?
- Aren't vestments cool?
- How long have you been Episcopalian? Do you still maintain any CofC ties? Does your family pray for your salvation or are they cool with your Episcopalian-ness?
- Have you met many other former CofCers? Why do you think so many turn to the Episcopal Church when they leave the CofC?
- Give us your vote--do we baptize Clare as an infant or not? (Not that sacraments are a matter of majority rule or anything...)