Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas happies

One of the best things about the holidays is the way getting together with your family provides those moments which then live on forever in idiosyncratic family culture. Here's a few of our new historic family moments...and please do share your own.

  1. Clare: "when I grow up, be taller, I play organ, eat corn nuts and own knitting needles."
  2. I watched my brother-in-law pantomime the sex act during "Time's Up" in front of my parents. I guess he now is comfortable with being one of the fam now. Woo-hoo!
  3. "The big toe never dips into the millet."
  4. Clare, in a performance marked by spontaneity, perfect timing and impeccable delivery: "I'm a Texas gal, Grandad!"
And though I can't isolate a particular moment to single out, our Christmas was made more festive this year because Casey joined us, and apparently we didn't frighten her. I knew she was a special kind of person, but if you can take the Thweatt clan first thing in the morning in jammies with bedhead and not yet coffee-ed up, you ought to get some kind of public recognition for reckless bravery. Plus, we only get worse as we wake up, and start making ridiculous puns. Casey, thanks for being here. And come back next Christmas. Oh, and come back before next Christmas too.

No comments: