Wednesday, June 07, 2006

thoughts on castor oil upon waking

  1. to the tune of "I love to laugh" from Mary Poppins: "I love to poop [farting noises instead "hahahaha"], loud and long and free, and the more I poop [fart fart fart fart], the closer to labor I'll be!"
  2. It really is possible for the human body to produce the comedic gut rumbling of Major Payne.
  3. Castor oil=Drano for human plumbing.
  4. for the cultured (do they read this blog?): "Who would have thought the pregnant woman had so much poop in her?"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I think I'll share your song with other clients.
Maria

scott said...

Hey, I was just kidding about holding out until the 21st you know.

Casey said...

You should work in advertising. Castor Oil needs a good jingle.

Tracy said...

You.Are.Kidding.Me.

Isn't that a myth that it helps? I always heard that it was an old wives tale - up there with driving on bumpy roads and eating spicy food.

But I have heard of 2 sorta effective tools: lots of walking and sex. But not at the same time.

Tracy said...

And looking over everyone's estimates, it looks like Grandad Bates is the only one who still has a chance at getting the date right. Dude.

JTB said...

TRacy--at this point my balance is so off that I wouldn't dare trying walking and sex at the same time--although it sounds more fun than walking and chewing gum at the same time--but perhaps that experiment will come later...

hermit jeremy said...

this reminds me of montaigne's wonderful essay translated as "on the inequality there is between us," in which he quotes a Latin poet to this effect (i paraphrase)...

ask the man who slops out the chamber pot of the king whether he truly is divine or not.

there are few things that remind us that we have bodies like all those acts leading up and ending in birth and child rearing and potty humor.

this is a funny little memento corpi

TKP said...

Come on Clare, get a move on!! I decided to release the GASB album the day of your birth. Love, TKP