Friday, May 27, 2005

O Frabjous Day

Yea! Yea! Yea!

I'm finished. It is done. No more papers, ever. Well, except for that whole dissertation thing. But that's far far away and I don't have to think about it now. Right now, I can just revel in the fact that it is done, done, done.

And today, for the first time in a week, the sun is shining. And the kiddies on the playground down the street have some kind of childish happy music playing, the strains of which float serenely through the screen door of our balcony. And Brent just said pensively, I really wish they'd turn that music off.

Yeah, life is good.

There, didn't everyone NEED a happy post after the last, well, all of them?

What's next? Well, today I am going to work on cleaning up those comps bibliographies. I also will make some rapid progress on this sermon. The text is Matthew 7: 21ff, the "not all who call me 'Lord, Lord'" through the wise man/foolish man pericope. (I like the word pericope. It sounds smart.) Any thoughts on this? If they're good I'm happy to include them in the sermon AND give you credit. And later, I may take a little drive and buy some flowering plants and some yarn so I can begin Martin Rowe's hat. The plants won't necessarily be incorporated into the hat, in case you were wondering.

That's my day. It has already begun, really, for I have been awake an hour and a half and drunk coffee and commented on blogs and written email and lent towels to my neighbors for their day trip to the beach. I feel like such an efficient person. I have really missed that feeling, and it's good to have it back, even if it is just the result of the heady combination of caffeine, sunshine, and turning in that last paper.

No comments: